Baking Soda Recipes for Health
Sodium Carbonate with another name baking soda is a very useful ingredient. It is a base and has alkaline properties. It is proven as a useful cleaner, antibacterial and an effective product for various problems. Baking soda is used in different beauty remedies, cleaning recipes but it is also best to bring the cure to different health issues. You can relieve heartburn, can treat a sore throat, use for losing weight, and reduces inflammation. This natural kitchen staple is best to add shine to your hair, nails, and teeth with it. It is possible to treat kidney stone infection, canker sore, jock itch and make a deodorant with baking soda. Here we have collected some useful baking soda health recipes that will definitely bring the cure to your different health problems.
Baking Soda for Healthy Living:
Maintain a healthy living with this simple baking soda remedy. It will reduce inflammation; treat heartburn, and stomach gas, chest infection as well.
- Take a mug and add some green tea leaves in it. Now pour the heated water over the green tea leaves, and let it steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to your hot mug of green tea and mix it well.
- Sip it as the fizz settled.
Baking Soda for Heartburn:
Heartburn is the condition that causes because of an acidic stomach. Simply relive this burning condition at home with this useful baking soda remedy.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in 1 cup of warm water. Or add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water.
- Mix it properly until all the ingredients dissolved completely.
- You can simply drink this mixture whenever you get acid reflux. It will help you to get rid of the problem.
Baking Soda for Cracked feet:
Dry feet always destroy our beautiful look and painful as well. So let’s treat them with a simple baking soda remedy.
- Baking soda 3 tablespoons
- Warm water
- Pumice stone
- A bucket
- Take the bucket and fill 2/3rds of it with warm water and add the baking soda in it. Mix it well until the baking soda completely dissolves in the water.
- Simply soak your feet in this solution for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now remove your feet from the soak solution and gently scrub it with the pumice stone to clean all the dead skin cells and remaining dirt.
- Rinse your feet with clean water.
- Pat dry and apply your regular moisturizer.
- You can easily repeat the same process twice a week.
Baking Soda to Whiten your Teeth:
Using toothpaste only for the proper care of teeth is not enough. You need something more than it. Baking soda is very effective to use for stronger, and whiten teeth that makes you smile.
- Baking soda 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil 1 tablespoon
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix it properly.
- You will need to use this mixture as the toothpaste by applying it on your brush. Now brush your teeth gently with this baking soda and coconut paste. Continue brushing for at least 2 minutes.
- This home remedy will definitely deliver you instant results that you always desire for.
- You can easily repeat this baking soda remedy 2 to 3 times a week until you get the desired results.
Baking Soda Compress for Treating Poison Ivy Burns:
To treat the oozing blisters of the skin with baking soda, we need to use it in simple paste form. This remedy will bring a cure for you from the poisonous ivy burns.
- Mix 2 teaspoonful of baking soda in1 liter of water and make a solution in a bowl.
- Now take few sterile gauze pads and dip them in this prepared solution.
- Simply cover the blisters with these wet gauze pads.
- Let the solution work for 10 minutes and remove them.
- You can repeat the same process 3-4 times a day.
Baking Soda for the Proper Treatment of Canker Sores:
Let’s prepare an effective baking soda solution for the treatment of canker sore. This amazing application will aid in neutralizing the acid reaction and thereby ease the pain.
- Take a cotton swab and apply some baking soda on it. Now directly apply this baking soda on the canker sore directly. You can also use your fingers for applying the baking soda. But make sure that your hands are clean.
- Allow it to sit and work for a few minutes until you bear the sensation.
- Wash your mouth thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- You can easily repeat the baking soda application regularly for healing the mouth sores and to remove the bacteria as well.
Baking Soda to Quit Smoking:
Smoking is bad for health, quitting it is not an easy task but this baking soda remedy will help you to turn back to a healthy lifestyle.
- 1 tablespoon Baking soda
- 1 glass lukewarm water
- Combine one tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Stir it properly until the baking soda is completely dissolved in the water.
- Rinse your mouth with this prepared mixture of sodium carbonate, whenever you need to smoke.
- It is also better to drink this solution twice a day regularly for a next one week.
- Pour this baking soda water in a bottle so you can easily use it whenever needed. In this way, you can easily take this one with you as going out of the house.
- It is recommended to use this water twice a day during the first week.
Baking Soda Jock Itch Remedy:
It is a fungal infection on the skin that causes itching, burning and peeling skin. Treat this skin problem with this effective baking soda remedy.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Few drops of lukewarm water
- Simply make up a paste of water and baking soda.
- Now apply this baking soda paste to the affected areas of the body with jock itch.
- Allow it to settle for about 20 to 30 minutes, and then rinse it thoroughly.
- You can easily carry out this treatment twice a day until the infection is properly treated.
- Make sure that your hands are clean before starting the preparation and applying method.
Baking Soda Bath for Eczema:
Make the amazing use of baking soda to treat eczema. This home remedy will relieve the itching by making a balance in the pH level of the body.
- Take a tub of lukewarm water and combine 1/2 – 1 cup of baking soda in it.
- Mix it well and soak your body for about 20 – 25 minutes, so that your skin can easily absorb the water.
- After that, wash your body with normal water and dry the skin completely.
- You can repeat this process to get rid of eczema on regular bases until it cures completely
- Baking Soda for Weight Lose:
- 1/4 tablespoon of Baking Soda
- ½ tablespoon of Sea Salt
- ½ cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup of Honey
- 5 cups of coconut water
- First of all, heat up the coconut water and add the baking soda in it. Mix them properly and add all the other ingredients in the mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a bottle and use it as the best sports drink you have.
Baking Soda for Nails Growth:
Are you in search of a useful baking soda remedy for beautiful, long, healthy and shining nails? Just grab out this given below one. It’s a magical solution to your all nails problems.
- This natural ingredient is proved to be effective in boosting the growth of the nails. Combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda in the required amount of water, the consistency of the paste must be thick.
- Simply apply it on your nails.
- Leave it for few minutes and rinse it thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this treatment twice or thrice a week.
Baking Soda to Treat Kidney Stone Infection:
No doubt, using different antibiotics can relieve the kidney stone infection but there is a simple baking soda remedy that will cure your infection and make you feel healthy.
- Take 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar and add 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Stir it well until it completely combined in a glass of water till the fizz disappears.
- Drink this baking soda drink immediately to get relief from the pain.
- You can simply continue drinking this prepared water for 3-4 times daily until you find that there is no more stone in your kidney.
- It will be better to add some amount of raw honey in the prepared solution that it will also help out to make the removal of kidney stones easy for you without causing any pain or side effect.
Baking Soda Deodorant:
It’s a natural DIY baking soda remedy that is useful and simply inexpensive. And the best thing is that it is free of chemicals.
- Coconut oil 6 Tablespoons
- Baking soda 4 Tablespoons
- Cornstarch or arrowroot 4 Tablespoons
- Essential oils are optional, just to add fragrance
- Take an old bowl and add cornstarch and baking soda in it.
- Use a spoon or a fork or spoon to mix these two ingredients together.
- Now add coconut oil in the mixture and mash until all the ingredients mixed well.
- Add few drops of essential oils in it.
- Simply pour it into a deodorant container and refrigerate it for 2-4 hours until sets in it.