Baking Soda Canker Sore Remedy
A canker sore is the small shallow lesion that appears/develop inside the mouth in red color with yellow or white centers. They occur at the base of gums, throat, cheeks, and tongue. These shallow lesions are not dangerous but cause too much pain, increases stress and make us feel difficult to talk, drink and eat. Low immune system, poor diet, hormonal imbalances, stress, food allergies or sensitivities, usage of not suitable toothpaste or mouth rinses will cause these mouth sores.
Most of the times, these mouth sores can go away on their own by taking the time period of 1, 1/5 – 2 weeks, if not then it is recommended to consult a doctor for proper diagnose and treatment.
Baking Soda Home Remedy for Canker Sores:
Sodium bicarbonate is an effective natural ingredient for treating different beauty, skin and health problems with its properties like antacid, exfoliate, cavities remover and neutralizer etc.
So, have a look at how baking soda is effective in relieving canker sores.
Baking Soda to Heal Canker Sores:
- Baking soda exhibits antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that kill the Helicobacter pylori (bacteria) causes these peptic ulcers and mouth sores and also clears all the germs, that causes infection in the mouth.
- It works as an alkalizing agent that neutralizes the acid. Effective in neutralizing the alkaline level in the mouth and clears the infection. It also reduces the ability of bacteria to come and get into the salivary glands. That further causes the infection in the mouth.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda will make an instant relief from the pain, swelling, and inflammation.
How Baking Soda Cures Canker Sores:
Here we have an effective way of using baking soda for the treatment of canker/ sores. Try this baking soda home remedy to get relief from the painful canker/mouth sores.
Baking Soda for the Proper Treatment of Canker Sores:
The direct use of baking soda for the treatment of canker sore can cause some irritation and burning sensation as the inside area of the mouth is sensitive from the inside.
So, it is better to test the undiluted baking soda directly on the canker sore affected area. But this amazing baking soda application will aid in neutralizing the acid reaction and thereby ease the pain.
- Take a cotton swab and apply some baking soda on it. Now directly apply this baking soda on the canker sore directly. You can also use your fingers for applying the baking soda. But make sure that your hands are clean.
- Allow it to sit and work for a few minutes until you bear the sensation.
- Wash your mouth thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- You can easily repeat the baking soda application regularly for healing the mouth sores and to remove the bacteria as well.