Baking Soda on Mattress for Dust Mites
Dust mites are the dirt particles that are often found in carpeting, pillows, mattresses, and upholstered furniture. They mostly float into the air whenever we use vacuums for cleaning, disturbs bedding and walks on the carpet. The dust mite is the main reason behind many allergies like eczema, watery eyes and coughing. A recent research has shown that the common cause of asthma in children is dust mites. So cleaning our mattresses properly to get rid of these mites is the essential need of time. Here in this article, we are here to describe to you a simple home remedy to get rid of dust mites from the mattress.
It is true that every one of us takes care of their mattress and bedding and also removes dust from it. But it is also important to remove dust mites from it with an easy and effective home remedy.
Baking Soda Remedy to Clean your Mattress from Dust Mites:
- First of all, take off all of the pillowcases and sheets and properly wash them in the hottest water as much as possible. This is an important step in the cleaning of the mattress. It will help you in killing any dust mites that have gathered on the sheets.
- Now apply some amount of baking soda over the entire surface of the mattress. It will better to apply a few drops of lavender essential oil to add the mattress a pleasant scent. Let’s rub the sprinkled baking soda on the surface of the mattress with the sponge.
- To get the best results with this amazing home remedy, make it sure to leave the baking soda for at least 2 to 4 hours.
- The next step is to vacuum the baking soda from the mattress. So start cleaning your mattress with vacuum to remove the sprinkled baking soda.
- It will be effective to use the vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment. It can easily vacuum the baking soda.
- Using a vacuum cleaner for cleaning of the mattress in an optional step, you can also use a steam cleaner to ensure the most amount of the dust is removed. The use of a deep cleanser will help you in removing the old stains. After deodorizing the mattress, allow it to fully dry. This process will take at least 3 to 4 hours.
- As the mattress completely dries, immediately put the removed bed sheet and the pillows on the bed.
- You can easily repeat this baking soda mattress cleaning remedy once after a month.
To keep your bed free of dust mites, it is essential to change all the bedding accessories on the regular bases.