Uses for Vinegar and Baking Soda
Baking soda and vinegar both are the natural kitchen staples with many household uses. One of it is based and another one is acid. These are inexpensive and easily available all around the world. Both of them delivers a variety of uses when mixed together. You can perform various cleaning tasks with a useful combination of vinegar and baking soda. This fantastic combination will replace your old cleaner with these amazing home remedies. Here we have set to provide you with a list of uses that a wonderful combination of these ingredients will deliver you at home. Try out these simple and useful home remedies given below.
This is perhaps one of the best uses of vinegar and baking soda. Here are the simple steps for the remedy is provided:
- First of all, flush drain with hot.
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda to the drain.
- Combine 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup hot water and pour down it in the drain. There will be a sudden reaction occurs but it will settle down in a few minutes.
- Now run hot water on the drain.
Pans and Pot Cleaner:
If there are some pots and pans at your house with baked on burnt gunk, you can easily use the magical combination of baking soda and vinegar to help get it off.
- Fill the pan with some hot water and add about a cup of vinegar.
- Leave the mixture there to work properly for the next 10 to 15 minutes.
- Or make a combination of cold water and vinegar and then simmer it on the heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda. There will be a sudden reaction occurs but it will settle down in a few minutes.
- Use a scouring pad to remove all of the baked and burnt stains from the pan.
Washing Machine Cleaner:
Now clean your washing machine easily with vinegar and baking soda. Here are the simple steps for the remedy is provided:
- Simply fill the machine completely with hot water. Pour about ½ cups of baking soda and let the machine run.
- As the machine complete it’s cycled add ½ cup of vinegar in it. Run the machine for the next one to two minutes and drain out the solution from the machine.
- Ran hot water in the machine and dry it. This remedy will remove all the dust and stains from the washing machine. It will make your washing machine look-like the new one.
Are there some towels in your house that loses their fresh and cleaned smell? Simply use vinegar and baking soda to freshen up towels.
- Add about 1/2 cup baking soda in the washing machine while washing the towels with your regular laundry detergent.
- During the rinse cycle, you can add vinegar in place of fabric softener.
- Dry them normally and you will notice that the washed towels have a brand new freshness and shine in them.
Clean Grout Easily:
Want to clean grout on your own and don’t want to pay a professional cleaning service then simply follow these easy steps of baking and vinegar combination for it.
- First of all, sprinkle baking soda in the grout; leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Now spray vinegar over the baking soda.
- Allow these two to react.
- Take a toothbrush to scrub the grout and wipe it out with a rag. It will good to dip the brush in water while scrubbing, it will make the scrubbing task easy one for you.
Let’s clean your iron with the magical combination of vinegar and baking soda.
- Combine baking soda in few drops of water and make a thick paste.
- Rub the paste all over the iron. Leave it for few minutes.
- Prepare a mixture of vinegar and water by adding the equal amount of each.
- Spray it or wet a rag in the vinegar solution and clean your iron with it
- You can also use the old toothbrush to clean the trouble areas of the iron.
- After rubbing, clean the remaining paste with a wet cloth.
- Steam your iron to make sure that all the vinegar and baking soda is removed from it.
Remove Bad Fridge Odors:
If there are really some tough odors in the fridge, then try to wash the inside of the fridge with baking soda and vinegar. It will be very effective to get rid of tough odors.
- Follow up the water and baking soda rinse by cleaning the surfaces down with white vinegar.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the stained surface. Leave it for few minutes.
- Now spray a solution of vinegar and water and clean the surface with water.
- It’s a great natural cleaning solution. As we clean down the fridge, baking soda chemical reaction with vinegar’s will eliminates the stubborn smells of the fridge and helps to disinfect the area.
Wash Your Hair with Vinegar and Baking soda:
- Combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1 cup water and use it as your regular shampoo. Apply it to the roots of the hair and wash. Then rinse it thoroughly.
- Make a conditioner of vinegar and baking soda by combining 2 tablespoons of vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) in 1 cup of water. Apply it on your hair and avoid roots.
- This remedy will add shine, length, and strength to your hair. You can repeat the same process once a week.
Make an ideal use of this amazing combination for the proper cleaning of your carpets.
- Take a paper towel or a rag to clean the carpet with it.
- Try to remove all the grease with the available towel and rag.
- Just sprinkle dry baking soda over the carpet especially on the stained areas and allow it to sit overnight. The longer you will allow the baking soda to sit the better results you will get.
- Next, clean the stain with the cloth or with the sponge.
- Dip a clean cloth in vinegar and apply it on the stained areas of the carpet, rub it for next couple of minutes and dry it.
- Use hot water on a soft cloth to remove all the remained baking soda and vinegar from the carpet.