Baking Soda Shampoo Recipe and Benefits
Baking soda is one of the best natural ingredients that we can use for many purposes, for maintaining a clean house and as well as our overall health. It is successfully used for treating heartburn, heavy feet, cough, and digestive problems. By just drinking a glass of water with a spoonful of baking soda dissolved in it will help in solving stomach problems, urinary bladder and gravel infections.
Using baking soda as the hair care product is the cheap and an excellent method to take care of your face and hair properly. It is best in treating acne, effective in whitens the teeth, and makes the skin of the face to glow and shine.
But baking soda has more powers than we think, especially when it comes to hair care. What this straightforward and inexpensive ingredient can do is amazing.
Benefits of Baking Soda Shampoo on Hair
- Removes impurities, small pieces of dead skin, and build-ups of hair products.
- Doesn’t strip the hair of its natural oils.
- Adds body, volume, and strength to your hair.
- Leaves your hair smooth and silky.
- If you have dandruff and an itchy scalp, baking soda will solve the problem.
- Your hair will become less greasy because baking soda restores its natural pH.
- Can be used as the dry shampoo.
DIY Recipe for Baking Soda Shampoo
Step 1: Mix one part baking soda with three parts water. The quantity depends on the length of your hair. For long hair, you can use two to three spoonfuls of baking soda. If you have short hairs to medium length of hair, use one to two spoonfuls of baking soda before adding three times that amount of water. Mix the ingredients in a small squeezed bottle. For a pleasant smell, you can add scented oils like lavender or peppermint. Now pour the mixture on dry or wet hair by starting at the roots and working your way down to the ends. Do not rub aggressively, just massage your scalp gently. Let it sit for one to two minutes. Wash it out with warm water.
Step 2: Now it’s time to rinse your hair with a mixture made of one part vinegar and four parts water. Add scented oils to diminish the smell of vinegar. Pour the mixture on your hair, distributing it towards your ends. To avoid the contact of vinegar with the eyes, tilt your head back. A few seconds after applying the mixture, wash it off with cold water. The cold water will eliminate frizz and static, as well as make your hair shiny.
If you are looking to use this baking soda shampoo regularly then keep these points in mind will be very useful for you.
- Add several drops of lemon juice to the mixture of the shampoo, as it will help in solving dandruff issues.
- For a super-fresh smell, add 10-15 drops of castor oil. If castor oil doesn’t work for your hair, try lavender or peppermint oil.