How to Make Slime with Baking Soda and Shampoo
Slime always appears as a best, popular activity for kids! They love the gooey, stretchy, and fun that it provides to them. There is always having a fun in making slime at home. For this purpose, you will find out various recipes. The most common thickeners to prepare slime are liquid laundry starch and borax but some people are sensitive to Borax. A reaction with borax can cause dry, itchy, red, and peeling skin. To make you safe from any side effects of borax, we are bringing to you an easy slime making homemade recipe. The amazing use of baking soda and shampoo will bring a smile to your face as it is the easiest slime making method.
Things we will need + Method:
- 12 oz of Elmer’s white glue 12 oz.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Baking Soda 1 ½ tablespoons
- Shampoo 1 tablespoon
- Contact lens saline solution 2 tablespoons
- Other requirements:
- Dishpan/ Storage container
- Washable Paint
- Glitter (optional)
- Beads (optional)
Directions to Prepare:
- First of all, take a container with a wide mouth, and transfer 12 ounces of glue into it.
- Now combine 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of baking soda in the container. Mix these both together.
- Add a few drops of washable glitter paint. This preparation recipe would not stain your hand just like food coloring will! Mix them all together again. You can easily increase and decrease the number of glitters in the prepared solution.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of contact lens saline solution.
- Then, pour 1 tablespoon of shampoo as well.
- Mix all these ingredients together to form a useful solution of slime. Just mix it until there will be the desired solution is ready for you.
Tips and Recommendations:
- If you do not require that slime sticks together, just add more contact lens solution, it will the make the slime solution to form better. If there is the more sticky texture of the slime, use baking soda in it.
- All the preparation is made here for the large batch of slime. If you are using this recipe for the first time, then try to make a small batch of slime first. For this, use 4 oz. of glue, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, ¼ of shampoo, and 1 tablespoon of contact lens slime solution.
- You can also add beads, glitters and different paints in the slime solution to have a new experience.
- Now your homemade baking soda and shampoo made slime is ready. Simply mold it in different shapes and have fun with some bright and light colors. It will be better to store this slime in a plastic container to use later.