An inflammatory skin infection that is caused due to dirt, dead skin cells, oil, and other toxins clog the skin pores then the impurities from the atmosphere get trapped beneath the skin and thus acne breakouts on our skin. There are countless cosmetics and medicines are available in the market for the proper treatment of acne but they also have chemicals that are not good to maintain a healthy and shiny face skin. So here we are bringing you an effective baking soda acne mask that is very simple to prepare at home with the effective use of natural ingredients.
Baking Soda Mask with Lemon Juice for Acne
Using the lemon juice with baking soda shows effective results in the treatment of acne. Lemon juice contains natural bleaching properties and of course, high amount of vitamin C that triggers the collagen production to keep the skin smooth and firm. This baking soda mask effectively cleanses the impurities and dirt from the skin and helps in the formation of new skin cells.
Instructions to Prepare Mask
- Add the equal amount of the fresh lemon juice and baking soda in a bowl ( 2 teaspoons for each).
- Mix the solution properly and cleanse affected acne areas on the skin.
- Apply the prepared mask on the acne affected areas.
- Leave it for few minutes until the mask dried completely.
- Rinse it off with cold water and dry the area with the soft cloth.
- To get better results in less time, massage the area gently with lukewarm olive oil.
- Leave the oil on the skin for at least an hour.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice a week until acne completely fade.
Baking Soda Mask with Honey for Acne
Honey is the natural moisturizer that smoothes the skin and reduces the inflammation that further leads to more skin infections. Baking soda and honey both have the antioxidant property that repairs the damaged skin and fade these acne scars without the use of any harsh chemicals.
Instruction to Prepare Mask
- Add 1 tablespoons of baking soda in 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix it well and wet your skin areas that are affected by acne.
- Gently massage the prepared mixture on your skin in circular motions.
- Leave it for about 5 minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
Baking Soda and Olive Oil Scrub for Acne
Olive oil is very effective in restoring the skin’s oil balance to prevent greasiness and dryness along with repairing the damaged skin cells. This method is very useful in lightening up the acne scars.
Instruction to Prepare Scrub
- Take a bowl and add equal quantities of olive oil and baking soda in it.
- Stir it properly until it changes to a fine paste.
- Apply this scrub on the wet skin and start scrubbing it on your skin in circular motion for at least 3 – 5 minutes.
- Then wipe it off with a wet and soft cloth.
- Rinse the area with cool water.
- Repeat the same process twice a week.
Precautions and important information:
- Using the baking soda remedies regularly can dry your skin. So it will be good to use natural moisturizer after every application.
- To get the best results with these baking soda masks, you have to use these at night time before going to bed.